Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US. Many like to take a moment and reflect on all that they are grateful for. Some see it as a 4-day weekend that they can pig out during. Others see it as the day before Black Friday, where they can fight crowds for a super deal on low quality electronics.
I have to admit that in the past I’ve done more of the latter two than the first. But things have changed in my life in the past couple years that have caused me to change how I see the world and my life. Just over a year ago I left singleness for good and married the most amazing woman I’ve ever met, and now we are expecting our first child, due in May!! Between those two major events I’ve become more outward focused and less selfish. I’ve learned how fulfilling it is to serve my wife as a husband; more so than anything I did while single.
I won’t bore you with an exhaustive list of every good thing in my life, but I do want to express my gratitude for a few things I’m most grateful for, things I thank my Creator for often.
– My relationship with Jesus Christ, and the grace and mercy He’s granted to me
– My wife; I waited a LONG time to find her, and my life is so much the richer due to her love
– Our child; I’ve waited a long time to be a dad, and an so excited to be one!
– Having family close enough to spend holidays with; I’ve lived for so long thousands of miles from my family that having my in-laws close has been a blessing
– My career as a Personal Financial Coach; I get so much joy and fulfillment helping others change their lives! It’s amazing to have a job that I love so much!
I hope you take some time and reflect on what you are thankful for, and remember those that are less fortunate. Your life may be tough, difficult, and painful, but there is always a silver lining to the cloud if you just look hard enough.
What are you most thankful for? Please share with us in the comments section 🙂